www.kieranscott.net True Love Trilogy other books contact  
the cheerleader trilogy author reviews
news pen names
she's so dead to us
 

Thursday, February 25, 2010

THREE down, SEVEN to Go!

Last week I was asked to blurb a book called THE MOSTS by author Melissa Senate (who I'm also SO happy to know personally, because she's one of the top ten sweetest people on Earth). In case you're wondering what "blurbing" means, it's when an author reads a book before it's published and works up a one or two line review to be printed on the cover and/or the publicity material. I'm always honored when I'm asked to do a blurb. That anyone wants my opinion on anything amazes me, let alone values it enough to stick it on a book cover!

So I figure this book can count as one of my 10 books for the 10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge. Which means I'm deviating from my list a bit, but hey, ya gotta go with the flow. And let's face it, I'll probably read the original ten anyway, just because I want to. :)



So back to THE MOSTS. It's the story of a girl named Maddie who does a kind of Sabrina. (In the classic movie SABRINA, Audrey Hepburn plays the shy, nondescript Sabrina character, who goes to Paris for a summer and comes back a sophisticated beauty. You can also watch the newer version with Julia Ormond, Greg Kinnear and Harrison Ford. *sigh*) Anyway, Maddie goes to Italy for the summer and learns how to dress, act and flirt like a sophisticated Italian girl. When she gets back, she snags the heart of the hottest guy in school and suddenly goes from geek to chic. The coolest girls in her class glom onto her and make her their friend and she is, in fact, voted MOST POPULAR in her class, as well as CLASS COUPLE with her new bf. (Her friends are also MOSTS--Most Hilarious, Most Stylish, Most Hot, etc.)

Then her bf moves away and Maddie's whole existence as a MOST comes into question. Is she MOST enough on her own to retain her friends and her popularity? And will hanging out with some of the NOTS in her class and trying to help them become BETTER THAN NOTS jeopardize everything? It's a pretty cool book that asks a lot of tough questions about what truly makes a person popular, and whether it's more important to be a most or to be yourself.

THE MOSTS is on sale on June 8, 2010 and I hope you'll check it out!