www.kieranscott.net True Love Trilogy other books contact  
the cheerleader trilogy author reviews
news pen names
she's so dead to us
 

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two Down, Eight to Go!



I've just completed my SECOND book for the 10'in '10 Teen Chicklit Challenge! The book is titled DREAM FACTORY and it was written by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler. (For more on my FIRST book, THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY, see my earlier post entitled "One Down, Nine to Go!" Sensing a theme here?)



DREAM FACTORY is basically a love story set against a seriously quirky backdrop: The Magic Kingdom, aka Disney World, aka The Happiest Place on Earth. The two main characters, Luke and Ella, have been hired to play theme-park-character roles while the real Disney workers are on strike. (Luke plays Dale of Chip and Dale, while Ella is cast as the ultimate Princess, Cinderella.) The two of them are immersed in this place where "dreams come true" and both are trying really hard to find happiness away from their stressful and screwed up family lives. With deeper characterization than a lot of teen romances, plus a seriously fun cast of supporting characters, and a magical setting, this isn't your average will-they-or-won't they story. I definitely enjoyed it. Which means I'm two-for-two so far in the challenge!

I think I'll read LOOKS by Madeleine George next. I heard her read from it at a Teen Author Reading Night in NYC last year, and everyone in the audience was cracking up the entire time. Can't wait to read the whole thing!

So tell me, what are YOU reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home